North Peace Home Educators Association (NPHEA) exists to help home schooling parents in the Peace River Area by relaying community information that is relevant to a home schooling lifestyle and connect like-minded families for encouragement and support. These connections provide opportunities to learn together and take advantage of community activities and programs.
NPHEA registration for the 2016-2017 year is now open.
For the 2016/2017 year, the fees are as follows:
– $20 for new members,
– $20 for returning members before September 30,
– $40 for returning members after September 30.
Please * click here * to fill out the registration form.
If you are a new member, after you submit the registration form you will be sent an informational email which will include details of how to pay your fees.
Why join NPHEA? Membership Benefits:
– addition to the private group email list as well as the opportunity to join NPHEA’s private Facebook group.
– learning opportunities: member-organized field trips and other activities
– events that connect families: member-planned and executed activities such as the Kick-Off Event in September, Year-End Wind-Up BBQ, and weekly park playtimes during the summer
– sports: free weekly skating during the winter, fall and spring session swimming lessons, gymnastics, and bi-weekly time at the Field House which also includes soccer
– learning & sports opportunities with Christian Life School and Heritage Christian Online School, etc.: seasonal sports, PE, elective classes, field trips, etc.
– a member directory
– Scholastic book clubs
– mentorship and support through direct connections with experienced homeschoolers for new homeschooling families
*A reminder that events may have limits to the number of participants, age restrictions, and/or have participation fees. As well, some events may not happen during any given year due to circumstances outside of NPHEA’s control.*
For more information regarding home learning in BC, laws, options, and for a list of schools to register or enrol with, please click here.
Please feel free to contact NPHEA using the form below.